New Facebook group to share your makes, competitions and more at
New online retail store now open for all your Tando goodies at

Friday, 28 July 2017

Winged tag : Use spray inks week

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to our Use mists Tando week!
This small project was made over Tando Mixed Media board with other Tando products (shown later) and only MISTS!

I used a mix of copper and dark orange mists over the chipboard pieces that were previously covered with a thin layer of white gesso.
 The first layer was masked with texture paste background.
Then Industrial wing was added on it.
I am not sure that you can see the intermediate layer made with Tando Book plate under  two more layers.
The last  chipboard layer is  very old Tando Dragonfly(not in the shop anymore, sorry) and then metal and resin pieces were added.
I added some more texture with micro beads and made the sentiment with epoxy sticker.

Tando products used:
Media board
Mixed Media Boards 80mm x 116mm

 Mini book plates
Mini Book Plates

Industrial wings
Andy Skinner Industrial Wings

Sequin Waste mask

Sequin Waste Mask 15cm x 15cm

Decoart Media line

Dragonfly- not in the shop anymore

Thursday, 27 July 2017


Here is a quick and simple card for you using the DecoArt Media Acrylic Sprays.

Spray the Primary Magenta through Giovanna's Doilie mask over a sheet of thin white card.  Add splashes of Orange and Primary Yellow.

Cut a section to go on a card.  Spray some Burlap with Primary Magenta and glue it over the patterned card, tucking it around the sides.  Attach scraps of the patterned card to 3 hearts from the Hearts mini's , cut out and glue to the burlap as shown.

Thank you for looking today, Karen xxx

Tuesday, 25 July 2017

Dreamer Shrine

Dreamer Butterfly Crown Shrine by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative
Hi! Dana here today sharing the Shrine I altered for the Spray Ink theme this week. I started this project by priming both sides of all the pieces of the shrine with a white spray primer. Next, I spread DecoArt White Modelling Paste over the stencil from the Nathalie Kalbach Fashion Dame Rubber Stamp Set onto the outer sides and roof of the shrine. Once the paste was dry, I sprayed the same pieces with a silver mist. Finally, I inked the edges with several colors of chalk ink and assembled walls of the shrine, holding the pieces together with hot glue.

Dreamer Butterfly Shrine Closeup by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Next, I spritzed the inside of the shrine with yellow mist. I used hot glue to attach a weathered metal butterfly, ornate metal oval, and blue gemstone to the back wall of the shrine. I added some silver rhinestone trim and a sticker to the base of the shrine.

Dreamer Shrine Textured Finish by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

I finished this piece by gluing on the roof pieces and topping it with a metal crown.

You can find the products I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

Friday, 21 July 2017

Anything Goes - Sunbeam Mixed Media Board

Sunbeam Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar

Hi! Dana here toady sharing the Mixed Media Board I altered for the Anything Goes theme this week. I primed my board with DecoArt White Gesso. Once that was dry, I used a spatula to spread on blue, silver, and pink paint that was very close to being dried up completely. This old paint was a fun way to not let my supplies go to waste and also create some cool texture at the same time!

Next, I spread more chunky paint over the Kaz Boughton Dotted Star Mask. I topped the sun with a chipboard circle from the Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Set that I colored with liquid inks. I finished this board with some black and white doodles and a hand-written quote.

You can find the products I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

Thursday, 20 July 2017

Anything Goes By Dee

Hi everyone Dee here today with my post for the week.
I have a tag for you with lots of Andy skinner,
Stamponique & Stampendous Stamps,
Tando stencils also lots of lovely
Deco Art paint.
I used a size 10 tag and coloured it with Dioxazine PurpleSap Green,
Phthalo Turquoise fluid acrylics.
Using the same colours I stamped onto the tag with Andy's
STEAMPUNK, Industrial & Stampendous marks sets. I stamped
these randomly and layered it up until I was happy
with the effect.
I also used  Titanium White to stamp onto the tag.
Next a little play with glitter paste one a viva one and the
other a cosmic shimmer paste put through Tando
stencils randomly placed.
I painted the stamponique image with a watery wash of the above colours.
I hope you have all enjoyed my post today slightly different to
my normal style.


Wednesday, 19 July 2017

Free for all by Carol

Hi, Carol with you this Wednesday with my free for all post.

I recently asked for the Kate Crane box which was part of the last MOM classes and here is my finished box:-

Products used:-

TFL xx

Tuesday, 18 July 2017

Anything Goes Continued!!!

Today I have a mans card for you.  There is no chipboard involved but I used the stamps and stencils that we sell...

Lightly dry brush some Quinacridone Gold over the Kraft Card and when that is dry do the same with Cobalt Turquoise and a little Primary Magenta.  When dry overstamp with Nathalie Kalbach's MARKS stamp in Archival Black.  Dab some white acrylic through the Mini Mask Numbers as shown.
Stamp the eye from Andy Skinners Curiosity stamp set using Archival black and colour in (I used the same colours as before but watered down)  Cut out and attach to the centre of the base using a sticky pad.  Dry brush some white acrylic around the outside.  Attach the panel to a white card base.
Thank you for taking a look today, take care, Karen x