Tuesday 16 July 2013

Tando Printers Tray


Morning everyone, I wanted to share with you a printers tray that I made for my husband for father's day.  It's the 1st printers tray I have ever made and it was great fun. 

 I started by covering the backing sheet of chipboard with some BoBunny Forever Fall papers.  I then went to work on the front tray section covering it in gesso (the printers tray comes in layers which you can build up, so you could make it flatter if you wanted and then use the spare sections to make other things too) - making some thick layers, then drying it with my heat gun so it bubbled a bit.  I then added lots of cosmic shimmer mist over the top, and drying all the layers - it was great fun.  I printed off a couple of photos of my kids, then decorated each of the windows.  I also used a couple of the grab bag butterflies which I covered in paper, then sanded and drew patterns on.





Katherine



6 comments:

Karen said...

This is gorgeous, so much work and detail x

Gio said...

I love it!! Wonderful way to display such nice photos!

roc said...

This is wonderful!

Cocofolies said...

Really gorgeous, with a lot of nice details !... Your husband should have been thrilled Katherine as well as your adorable kids !!!

Kaz said...

Absolutely gorgeous Katherine xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the colours, and all the details add up to a wonderful box of memories.
Alison x