Friday 16 August 2013

Andy Skinner's Skulldugerry Tag !

Hello, its Coco today with a bit of offbeat humour to illustrate our theme this week ! 
I chose to alter a Manila Tag Size 8 using two fabulous stencils designed by Andy Skinner: Skullduggery and Accessorise. Nothing special to say about the first one, it is just FAB by itself. But the second one is very useful for adding some finishing touches or embellishments, like my little cat at the bottom and my hat, aren't they?



For the skulls, I used Grunge Paste and applied several layers of paint (Little black dress, French Roast, and a mix of SnowFlake and Nougat) and Crackle Glaze. I also put a coat of Crackled Accents over the top of the biggest one only, for fun and to compare the crackling effects - Both are nice, Yum !!. Finally I highlighted some parts of them using some Treasure Gold Copper and Sapphire I applied with my finger.
For the cat I directly painted it over the tag beside side-on skull in acrylic black (I used Little black dress Fresco paint) with a piece of cut'n'dry, and for the hat I first painted it on a separate piece of of watercolour paper and then cut it out and glued it at the more funny place I found. 
My background was done using mainly Dylusions Bubblegum ink and Vanilla paint applied over the super cute Dotted Star stencil from my teammate Kaz. I really love this mask too !
I used Andy Skinner's Stencils:
A Skinner Stencil/Mask - Skullduggery

A Skinner Stencil/Mask - Accessorise

and  also this one from Kaz:
Mask - Dotted Star

Hope you like my tag a bit special ha ha ha, as written on it near the skulls... I sent it last week to a lovely artist lady for her birthday, I think many of you know and appreciate her much... She LOVES the PIIIIIINK colour ! Guess who she is... You can always pop up on my blog to get the answer.
But if you do not have much time, better come back here tomorrow to see more Andy Skinner inspiration !
Thanks for stopping by today ! xxx

9 comments:

Karen said...

This is lovely Coco and I know she will love it :D x

Irit Shalom said...

This is totally gorgeous!

roc said...

great job!

Kaz said...

Fabulous tag Coco x

nefertiti said...

Great work my Coco! I 'm sure Gio love it!!!!
Bisous

Sandra said...

Such an "out of the box" gorgeous tag ! Well done :)

Words and Pictures said...

Really cool, Coco... such fab colours and texture.
Alison x

Gio said...

I really love it!!
And of course, I'm the proud owner of this beautiness. Fun, colourful and brilliant!

Cocofolies said...

A big thank you Gio and all ! ^_^ :)