Saturday 19 October 2013

Things that fly


A little break from bats in exchange for butterflies.  I love the grab bag of chipboard butterflies you get lots in it and they come in 3 slightly different designs.

  I covered mine in UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder) using a melt pot, and just dunking them in. I used pearlescent white and blue embossing powder, then I tried stamping into it with a rubber stamp, but I wasn't happy with the way it looked.  So I melted the stamped ridges on my butterflies away with my heat gun and then sprinkled a little bit of the pearlescent UTEE onto the butterflies, this gave a really nice spotty effect, and as I kept my heat gun pointing at the centre of the butterfly it meant that the embossing powder spread out along the wings of the butterfly.



Katherine

4 comments:

Cocofolies said...

Beautiful page Katherine, and I love your spotty effect on your butterflies, that's really nice indeed ! Starting with errors is sometimes the best way to create even more beauty !... Coco xx

roc said...

Your page is beautifully done!

Kaz said...

That's so pretty Katherine, always good to have a break from those bats!!! xx

Carol Plume said...

what a great page - I love those butterfly grab bags so versatile aren't they....