Tuesday 26 November 2013

Let's Celebrate: Mini-albums Cupcake for birthday

Hi all !! You must be very busy now with your Christmas cards and other festive makes... Hope you can still look at our daily posts anyway, as we have always a lot of inspiring projects to show you ! And till up to the day of St Nicholas !!
For this "Let's Celebrate" week, I show you at laaaaaaaaast........ part of the decorations I have made to celebrate my 6 years-old twins birthday...hem... it was two months ago... already !!... Time goes by so quickly haha ! You will see the rest of them and the whole project in a few days... That's a surprise... you just have to wait a little hee hee, hope you will not be disappointed ! 


I used sweet Tando's Cupcake chipboards to do the front cover of each one. They come in a small pack of three really adorable cupcake shapes... They also exist in a larger size pack but I didn't have it, otherwise I think I would have used this one. Pages inside are drew and cut following the original cover shape, using either scraps of patterned papers or recycling cardboard. I assembled the two minis and used a Crop-a-dile to make holes, it was easy to punch through the chipboard also even if it is sturdy material. 
To decorate my albums I used mainly the set of stamps "Hello Cupcake" from Crafty Individuals (CI 374), love these funny stamps designed by Alice Palace. I have succeeded in combining them with Tando's cupcakes and I'm rather happy with the result!  

For the rest, I used shrink plastic to stamp the same cupcakes and create tiny embellishments... also added beads, twin, and wire, used my favourite Fresco Finish paints and my Brilliance inks for colouring.... Put some accents with tone on tone markers... A bit of iridescent embossing powders for a sparkling touch at last... Nothing but happiness !! :D



 And here are just a few pages... they both include around 5 pages decorated on each side.




I used:
Cupcake Set Small

A Skinner Stencil/Mask - Children

If you want to see all the photos, pop over on my blog too.  Have a wonderful and creative week, see you soon for my next project! Hugs, Coco xx

6 comments:

Katherine said...

They are beautiful Coco.

Kaz said...

so cute Coco! xx

Shirley said...

These are ... dare I say ... super SWEET Coco. The pics inside are delightful and more. Ver creatibe indeed.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Shirley said...

Whoops meant to say "very creative indeed". Don't you just love those typo's.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Cocofolies said...

Thank you very much for all these lovely comments I appreciate much... :-) Crafty hugs, Coco xx

roc said...

wonderful!