Thursday 10 December 2015

A Hint of Bling

Hi guys, how are you? are you getting ready for Christmas yet?
I have altered some plastic baubles for my tree using some of the fabulous mini Reindeer and mini snowflakes,


The baubles came apart in the middle so I took one half and painted the inside with Deco Art white Gesso, when this was dry I painted over the top with some Snow tex, this gives a good coverage and yet also some texture,
I painted  snowflakes with Deco Art  silver fluid paint and when dry added some clear gems for the bling effect,
I painted the Reindeer the same way and also used some die cut trees behind again given the Snow Tex treatment and I added some gems onto those as well,
To finish them off I added a crystal bead string and a silver jingle bell with some metallic silver twine, they really shine beautifully in real life, but they were very hard to photograph, sorry!!
anyway here they are also shown on the tree, lol


I hope i may have inspired you to have a go, they were great fun to do,
happy Crafting!!


Hugs Liz xx

1 comment:

Redanne said...

Wow, what a great idea Liz and they look so beautiful on your tree too!