Sunday 15 January 2017

"Tag It" with Lisa

Hello folks and welcome to my 1st blog post for Tando for 2017.

This weeks challenge theme is "Tag It". But me being me... I decided to do three tags....

Here is my creation...



I took three pieces of Tando Greyboard 5.5" x 3.5" and gave them all a layer of DecoArt white Gesso on front and back of each tag.

I used Andy Skinner's Creativity 8" x 8" mask and the DecoArt white modeling paste on the tags, choosing the words 'imagine', your destiny' and 'live life'. Then added DecoArt texture sand paste to create some texture around the edges of the tags. 




I also added some random smears of DecoArt crackle paint for added texture.



I wanted to add some bright bursts of colour and (if you look back through my blog posts) I love a  blue/purple colour palette, so I'm trying to step outside the box and out of my comfort zone. Hey, no time like the present. So, my colour palette consisted of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics English Red Oxide, Paynes Grey and Naphthol Red Light.

Once satisfied with the background colour, I dry brushed white Gesso over the words and areas of the texture sand paste.

I then stamped images on the three tags using the Stampendous 'Skeleton Lady' rubber stamp. 





I used the Stampendous Frantage bronze Embossing Enamel kit to create a bit more texture and some areas of sparkle.



To finish, I punched a hole in each one of the tag corners and fastened them together using some silver organza ribbon, black cord and some thin chain. 





I hope you like my 1st post of the new year. If you would like to pop over to my blog for a peek then I hope to see you there. 
Here is the link.


Everything I have used to create this project is at the bottom of my post and are all available on the Tando Website.


Fluid Acrylics: English Red Oxide   Fluid Acrylics: Paynes Grey   Fluid Acrylics: Napthol Red Light  Media: Texture Sand Paste   Media: White Crackle PAINT   Media: White Gesso   Media: White Modelling Paste       A Skinner Stencil - CREATIVITY   Skeleton Lady


Thanks for popping by 
and happy crafting for 2017.

Lisa xxx 

No comments: