Sunday 19 February 2017

Love & Hearts with Lisa

Hi folks, Lisa here and welcome to my make for this weeks Tando challenge. The theme, with it being Valentine's Day this week is 'Love & Hearts'.

Here is what I came up with...



I used the one of the Tando long tags(These come in a pack of 5 and are 190mm x 75mm) and two hearts from the Tando grab bag of hearts. Along with letters from the Block Serif alpha sheet.



Firstly, I gave all the Tando pieces a quick coat of DecoArt White Gesso
I applied a thick coat of DecoArt Crackle Paint to the centre of the tag and on the solid heart shape. And applied DecoArt Texture Sand Paste around the outside of the tag and on the bigger heart. 







I then painted the tag with Cadmium Orange, Primary Magenta, and Napthol Red Light DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics drying the layers of colours in between.




I painted the larger heart with the two red colours and gave the solid heart shape another coat of white gesso. 

When the tag was dry I added some stamping using black ink.





On the solid heart and in the centre of the tag I rubbed over some DecoArt Carbon Black Antiquing Cream, then buffed off the excess. 

I gathered a selection of ribbons and coloured them using the paint. I added some of the ribbon to the top of the tag and used the thick cord underneath the solid heart shape.





I used the Block Serif alpha sheet to spell the word 'love' which I covered in ink the used Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel over the top. 







Thanks for popping by the Tando blog today, if you want to pop over to my blog here is the link
Hope to see you again soon.
Lisa xxx


All the products I have used are below and are available on the
Tando Website.


Set of 5 Long Tags    Grab Bag of Hearts   Media Antiquing: Carbon Black    Media: White Crackle PAINT   Media: Texture Sand Paste   Media: White Gesso   Fluid Acrylics: Cadmium Orange   Fluid Acrylics: Primary Magenta   Fluid Acrylics: Napthol Red Light 

No comments: