Wednesday 10 May 2017

Soak It Up: Peeled Layers Artist Trading Card

Peeled Layers Artist Trading Card by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi friends! Dana here today sharing the Artist Trading Card that I created for the Soak It Up theme this week. One of the reasons I love Tando chipboard so much is for its strength. There are a lot of great techniques that can be achieved by soaking the chipboard and then distressing the layers. I soaked an artist trading card in water for several minutes, peeled the layers apart, and then let the card dry overnight.

How to Soak, Peel, Distress, and Color Chipboard by Dana Tatar

Next, I primed the chipboard with a white primer spray. Once that layer was dry, I added color with shimmery watercolor paint. Finally, I added a little stamping and some hand-written text.

How to Soak, Peel, Distress, and Color Chipboard by Dana Tatar

I found a wonderful quote on Pinterest that reads:

I reveal myself in layers if I deem you worthy.
I peel slowly. I watch your reaction.
One small flinch and I seal.

Not only does this quote pair perfectly with the peeled chipboard, it is also true for me.

Each of the peeled layers above is strong enough to handle more wet mediums, stamping, stitching, embossing, die-cutting, and so much more!

You can find the chipboard I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. Artist Trading Cards are available in greyboard, white-lined board, 4mm MDF, and 2mm acrylic. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

1 comment:

Karrie Thornhill said...

Hi xx
That’s actually my poem �� I wrote it in 2014.
It looks cool with your graphics.
I’m glad you resonate with my words.
Take care,
Karrie Thornhill