Monday 10 July 2017

Media Board Week

Hello, Carol with you today, kicking off this weeks theme of Media Boards.

The Media boards have been very popular since they first came out, initially, in two different chipboard sizes now there is a wide range - see here for the range….

I enjoy working on the chipboard boards and a lot of my dt pieces are worked using these as my base.

I have created two boards for todays post:-

Number 1


I added grungepaste thro the long flourish stencil and then once dry painted in orange, yellow and red acrylic paints…. I then rubbed a versa mark ink pad over the raised areas, pressing harder in some areas, and then added some aged gold embossing enamel.  My bird was painted using the same paints and then the popular white dots added… lol

Number 2


Slightly different to number 1 - still using the media board as a base, grunge paste was added thro the mini criss cross stencil  and then paint added to the board… I paint directly onto the chipboard, but, you can always put down a base coat if you wanted.  I painted a house from the whimsical houses set 1 using the same colour way, doodled and added some text.

Thank you for looking today and don't forget to pop back during the week for some more media board inspiration.

Carol xx


2 comments:

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Love these Carol the colours are beautiful x

Alka said...

Beautiful