Sunday 17 September 2017

Glossy or Shiny with Lisa

Hi folks and welcome to today's post for Tando Creative. This weeks theme is 'glossy or shiny'. 

I used one of the Tando long tags and I wanted to create lots of different texture to compliment the shiny parts.

Here is what I created...




I first applied a piece of paper on the surface of the tag with PVA glue. 

I then created a mixture of DecoArt white gesso, glue and cornflour to create a really thick texture paste that is similar to the consistency of decorating filler. I applied a thick layer of mixture to the tag over the Tando distressed harlequin stencil






When the mixture was spread over the stencil I stippled the surface with a pallet knife to give it a rough texture on top. I also added some of the mixture around the edge of the tag and on the centre of the tag.






When it was dried I painted the tag with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics. I applied the paint thick in some areas and thinly in others so the paint would run around the shapes the texture paste mixture had created.  

I painted a piece of white card with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics and left to dry. I stamped the dragonfly and the sentiment with black ink.






I fussy cut the dragonflies and the sentiment, covered them with clear embossing ink then clear ultra thick embossing enamel powder and melted the powder with a heat gun to create a glossy, shiny layer.  




I adhered the dragonflies and the sentiment to the tag. I tied some black organza ribbon around the top of the tag and heated it with the heat gun to melt the ribbon slightly.


Here is everything I used...


Set of 5 Long Tags   Distorted Harlequin Mask       


All the Tando Creative and DecoArt items I used are available on the Tando website


Thanks for popping by. 
Please leave a comment over at my blog if you wish, here is the link . I love to read your thoughts.
Hope to see you soon,
Lisa xxx

No comments: