Sunday 18 March 2018

Anything Goes Week

Hi Brenda here. For this 'Anything Goes' post I decided to show you one of the mini books I made up for Di to use as a sample at Stitches last month.
This is a tiny but oh so cute book measuring about 6 cms square. It comes in three pieces - a front cover,  a back cover and a spine. I used canvas from a canvas pad cutting one piece to cover all three parts of this book and simply used a mounted vintage photo and number for the front.


White card was stamped with black archival and inked to make the cover inside panels and then black card was used stamped with white gesso to make the pages.


I found a tutorial on YouTube to help me make a hidden hinge on which I adhered my pages. It is explained here. They fitted in really neatly


The book is secured with a piece of elastic. I made a hole in the spine and tied the ends in a knot on the inside to prevent it completely pulling through when I pushed it through the hole. 


It is a very neat closure.


Do tell us if you make up any of these tiny minis, I'm sure you'll love them.

Thanks for stopping by.

hugs Brenda xxx

3 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this masculine style notebook Brenda! Chrisx

Gina said...

Magical little album XXX

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Love this my friend a miniature treasure indeed xx